Skip to content

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

• Tell us which features you want to see in RailModeller Pro so we can continue to provide you with the best possible design tool.

• Make your voice heard and vote on the features you want to see next

For any requests regarding parts and track libraries, kindly send an email directly to support@railmodeller.com

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

108 results found

1. Detect the value of “Parallel Track Distance”

To better understand the utility of the function you can look at the sample image:
    www.carlofilippofollis.name/files/2017/07/railmodeller-idea-n-006-detect-ptd.jpg

It is often useful to know the distance between two tracks. In practice the value of “Parallel Track Distance” that exists between the 2 binaries we have selected.

It is useful a function that measures the “Parallel Track Distance” between two tracks.

It is also interesting that the value can remain written in the project as written information and, perhaps, with two arrows pointing to the points that have been measured.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Parallel helix generation

I have two double stacked helices in my plan, I want them to be double track with #7 turnouts at each end. I have experimented repeatedly and cannot make this work with the existing helix tool. Most often the tracks just break apart or get out of alignment as I adjust the heights. When I connect the parallel helix to existing track of a non-zero height the height adjustments automatically level each helix. I've spent hours on this issue and I can't imagine I'm the only one crazy enough to have helices like this. It is doubly confounding when I…

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SLIF Export equivalent to v4.1 (XML Export)

Version 4.1 supported SLIF file exports that could be imported into iRunTrains or other applications. RailModeller-Pro seems to be lacking this feature.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom location for storing the price list

When I enter prices for a layout they are shared across all layouts on that Mac and the manual mentions a price database.

I would like to be able to enter prices once and have them available on my Mac Book and my iMac without reentering them!

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Drawing a layout or connecting sections of layout with freeform curves and "autofilling" with flex-track

I would like an easier way of creating smooth curves that span multiple lengths of flex-track. Currently trying to do it by manipulating individual lengths of track it is nearly impossible to create a smooth transition spanning multiple connected lengths. The curve tool should allow you to connect to existing track at one or both ends and allow you to add, remove and manipulate multiple control points. Ideally you could then "auto-fill" the curve with selected flextrack, and then have the ability to adjust the split points between each length by sliding within an indicated range.

24 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Ballast approximate volume/weight ("semi-wild guess"...) for covering a determined area would be a good feature.

Approximate needs of ballast (volume) the layout, considering as parameters things like: linear length of track to be ballasted, scale, depth of ballast etc.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Afraid it would be hard to come up with a formula that yields a realistic result across all model scales. We suggest to use the overall track length (Sidebar > Document > Layout Info) and multiply this value for your layout with a factor that works for your layout.

8. Separated mode

Possibility to have the panels with tracks etc separated from the layout. In the current form they are in the wame window which steals lots of space from the layout when working on more than one screen.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Track radius and baseboard

Cannot begin without a table and room. Cannot continue without knowing the radius for curves.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Edit fastrack menu by radius of curves and switches and length of straights

The current arrangement by date of issue makes no sense.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!
    You’d be looking for the sorting options in the Library Catalog -
    When clicking the gears icon and choosing ‘Sort by Type’ this exact sorting will be used.

11. Object property locks

It would be convenient to be able to lock objects x & y (position), rotation, elevation, or grade, etc. so they can't accidentally be changed.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to reset ruler x/y zero point

Using the shape command I drew a rectangle representing 14 foot long by 5.5 foot wide table I will build the layout on. I've set the document size considerably larger than this to create space around my table and moved it into the center of the document layout.

It would be really helpful if I could reset the ruler zero point to the table corner (the way Adobe Illustrator allows) and have the X and Y coordinates follow suit.

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Import height map for terrain

Bonus points for being able to generate/edit these in app.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. overlay background picture to allow for modelling track layouts from old plans/maps

To be able to use the old track plan diagrams for production of realistic track layout from historical periods. i have the track plan diagram for Evesham from 1922 a joint station between GWR and MR in the UK before Big 4 grouping

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to skip blank pages when printing.

When printing full size, it would be nice if blank pages (pages defined maybe as no track in them and no shapes could be skipped. Currently you have to export to PDF and then delete the blank pages before printing.

7 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Label the tools

Have the names of the tools (& tool icon size) be an option in the tool bar... you know... Just like MOST Mac OS Apps...

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Joining with flex and flex generally only seems to have one control point;

Joining with flex and flex generally only seems to have one control point;
    Can you revert to the V4 functionality where there are by defailt 2x control points on the curve, and potentially let me add in any number.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a comment for a grouped object.

At times, I create several objects and group them together. You can no longer add a comment to the object.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Spline Points in Polygon

I have to add a lot of points to design a polygon for mountains and rivers. A spline point would make it better and faster.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base