Skip to content

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

• Tell us which features you want to see in RailModeller Pro so we can continue to provide you with the best possible design tool.

• Make your voice heard and vote on the features you want to see next

For any requests regarding parts and track libraries, kindly send an email directly to support@railmodeller.com

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

194 results found

1. One-click post to Twitter

Love to upload to Twitter with one click. Instead of Export graphic, go to Twitter, create a post and upload have a "Share to Twitter" feature in the app!

31 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Export to JMRI

I'm a Mac user of JMRI, in fact most of the code is written on Macs. I just got notice that AnyRail (PC only) has created an export to JMRI (specifically to its PanelPro component) that allows a track plan to be exported from AR, imported into PP and then run the layout using JMRI's controls.

I'd really like to see an export for RM.

100 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Quicklook integration

A plugin for the quicklook API of the Finder would be great
    to enable you to see a preview of the track plan, without the need to actual open it.

This would save some time when you browse through various versions of your plans. Sometimes the name is not enough to find the right file, especially if the last time you used it is longer ago.

33 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to "option - drag" an element on the drawing to be able to duplicate it.

I'd like to be able to hold down the option key and drag a new element from one that is already in the layout. As in other graphics programs like Adobe Illustrator.

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Importing graphic file

I'd like to import a graphic file of a sketch of a layout (Jpeg, gif eps or pdf)and use this as the basis to build my trackplan.

86 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Berechnung und Ausdruck von Spanten als Ergänzung der 3D Darstellungen

Berechnung und Ausdruck von Spanten als Ergänzung der 3D Darstellungen

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Danke für das Feedback -
    Dieses Feature ist für eine künftige Version vorgesehen. Für Kommentare bzw. Stimmen nutzen Sie bitte den existierenden Featurewunsch:

https://railmodeller.uservoice.com/forums/249335-railmodeller-feature-requests/suggestions/6183455-3d-cuts-with-metrics-of-my-3-dimensional-plan

In der Zwischenzeit kann z.B. der Gleisplan als Bild exportiert und in andere Programme wie SketchUp (auch als kostenlose Version erhältlich) importiert werden, um dort von Hand den Unterbau bzw. Spanten auf Basis des Gleisplanes einzuplanen.

8. an App for the iPad.

I wish there is an app for the ipad, is the same as the mac version. For people like my there don't have a mac and want to use the railmodeller.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. an App for the iPad.

I wish there is an app for the ipad, is the same as the mac version. For people like my there don't have a mac and want to use the railmodeller.

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a "Save as" to File-

This will allow saving different versions of a layout without loosing the version that is currently open.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Positive and negative current rails, and isolators

Would be nice to have a very simple function such as viewing the positive and negative rails on the track. We can then easily identify the risk of short circuit and position of reverse loop module (if working with DCC). Would be also nice if we could add isolators on rails, to work with blocks for feedback

thanks

Phil

8 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Schneller Wechsel zum Standardtool

Ein Doppelklick irgendwo im Gleisplan sollte zum Standardtool wechseln, also vom Loeschen, Einfaerben, Farbwahl, Trennen und Tunnel zurueck zum Bau- und Auswahltool. Alternativ, aber weniger produktiv, waeren Shortcuts zum Umschalten des Mausszeigers.

0 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Danke für das Feedback:
    Alle Werkzeuge haben Shortcuts -

Die Shortcuts sind im Handbuch im Abschnitt “Allgemeine Tastaturkurzbefehle” aufgelistet und als Tooltip bei jedem Werkzeug in der Werkzeugleiste hinterlegt.

13. Browse the new shared layouts from tablet to web browser

I would like to access the shared layouts (Community) from my iPad

64 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Minor amendment to line-editing

In line editing:
    When editing a line, moving one vertex point ontop of another should amalgamate the two into a single vertex point.

38 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enhancement to print dialog zoom factor setting & visibility of value used for fit-to-page

I am a new user of the Pro version. I design modules using the program. It is helpful to print my modules at the same scale (zoom factor) so that I can visualize different configurations of the modules. For that use case I really need each printout to be at the same scale.

But unfortunately when I print using "fit to page", I have no idea what zoom factor was used. Nor can I specify that same zoom factor for other printouts. Unfortunately the available options 1;1, 1:2, 1;5, 1;10 are also not flexible enough. In order to maximize the…

11 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. drawing tools to allow for simple wiring diagrams

Please add drawing tools to allow for simple wiring schematics.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Export of 2D data (base plate, tracks) to *.stl or *.step

I like to export 2d data (base plate, tracks) to *stl or *.step formats for further processing in 2d programs

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Buildings preferentially in 3D

I want besides the existing track libraries of the different track sellers (eg. Märklin C and K track, Roco etc.) additional libraries of the companies offering buildings in certain scales (H0, N, Z etc.) like Kibri, Vollmer, Faller, etc.. Preferentially these buildings should appear in 3D mode in their correct hight with at least some 3D features giving an impression how they would look in the position placed.

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Open recent file at startup.

If you start Railmodeller Pro, it always opens a empty document. Next you close the empty document and then select your recent. It would be nice if there was an option to start up with your recent used document.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve Function of Parts List Feature

When using parts list (Option+Command+L) it would be great to click on one line-tem in the list and have those items automatically highlighted in the layout. This would be fantastic as the layout is clearly visible behind the list. This would be a valuable aid in seeing exactly where list parts are in the layout. Maybe develop some sort of "replace with equivalent part" features. Just asking: Thanks.

24 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base