Skip to content

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

• Tell us which features you want to see in RailModeller Pro so we can continue to provide you with the best possible design tool.

• Make your voice heard and vote on the features you want to see next

For any requests regarding parts and track libraries, kindly send an email directly to support@railmodeller.com

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

194 results found

1. Search for tracks by e.g. part number

Sometimes I find tracks on my partlist, which I want to exchange on my layout. But I don't see a possibility to easily find them and get them replaced.

It would be helpful to search for e.g. a certain part number and get these track highlighted on the layout. Maybe with the additional feature to search these certain tracks on the whole layout but also only on certain layers.

124 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Companion app for iPad (a.k.a. "Viewer")

I know there's an existing thread for a fully functional iPad version, but in lieu of that, I was wondering if there's any possibility of a sort of paired down companion app for iPad. A nice little viewer application that allows you to zoom in and out and show/hide layers would be really handy when out in the garage working. I'd happily throw down $20 or so for something like that, especially if it allowed me to support creation of a fully fledged version down the road.

115 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Possibility to define negative heights

Sometimes you want to have a zero level and some tracks below it. I am planning a layout with a switchyard below the tracks where to park some of my trains. It would be natural to have this at -9cm, but I had to move all my "ground" layout to 9 cm because I cannot specify negative numbers.

108 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Export to JMRI

I'm a Mac user of JMRI, in fact most of the code is written on Macs. I just got notice that AnyRail (PC only) has created an export to JMRI (specifically to its PanelPro component) that allows a track plan to be exported from AR, imported into PP and then run the layout using JMRI's controls.

I'd really like to see an export for RM.

100 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hide tunnelsections in 3D

Option to hide tunnel sections so you can see only the visible parts of the model. This gives a better understanding of the design.

89 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Importing graphic file

I'd like to import a graphic file of a sketch of a layout (Jpeg, gif eps or pdf)and use this as the basis to build my trackplan.

86 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Close track connections with 'generic bumper' (Generische Prellböcke als Gleisabschluß)

Update (12/2018): Any open track connection should be terminated by a generic bumper if desired to clean up layouts.

Prellböcke sollten als Gleisabschluß erkannt werden und nicht mehr als offenes Gleis markiert werden wenn ausgewählt ist: Dokument - "Offene Verbindungen hervorheben".
    Ebenso sollte bei Prellböcken, welche ein Gleis beinhalten und die nicht nur auf Gleis gestellt werden, der Schienenweg mit eingezeichnet werden. Bsp: TT Tillig 83100 hat 41,5mm Gleis.

83 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The new “Track Decorations” section in the “Element” menu now offers commands to terminate any plain track (straight, curve, flex) with an open track connection using a generic bumper.

More customization options (bumper shapes, colors) to follow in later updates!

8. Mark center points for curved tracks

For radiused curves (e.g., sectional track, but especially flextrack which is bent to a specific radius), I would like to be able to find out the coordinates of the center of that curve -- i.e., the point where all the radii meet. This would make laying out the physical track, roadbed, splines, etc. a lot easier when it comes time to do the benchwork.

79 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tunnels

One thing that can confuse people when they see layout designs is what is a tunnel and what is not. While the portals may help some Putting a transparent layer over them would make a lot of sense to a lot more.

78 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow tunnel entry/exit to occur mid track section

Currently the tunnel tool only allows the tunnel length to correspond to a particular unit of track. For instance if you have a long straight approach to the tunnel and need it to start part way along without splitting the track into smaller units.

75 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to hide obsolete elements in a library

(from our back log)

Obsolete elements can be indicated in the Library Catalog.

An option to remove these elements from the list would make it easier to pick only current tracks for track systems with a mix of out-of-production and current tracks

73 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Right click in track list to add elements to stock

Add from track list directly without dragging to stock window

71 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Either a keyboard shortcut or a set preference to have flex track have 4 control handles

when you edit flex track it, by default, only has 3 control handles and if you want to make an S shape you have to click the gear and then the "Use 4 control points" button. If it could either be set to always have either 3 or 4 depending on preference or a keyboard shortcut such as
    "⌘3" for 3 points and "⌘4" for 4 points that would be top.

67 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Change flexible track length/radius at any time

Now: if you select a flexible track to change its length and/or radius, the actual value jumps back to standard which is absolutely needless. The chosen values must stay and we need the chance to change exactly these values as often as we want.

66 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Browse the new shared layouts from tablet to web browser

I would like to access the shared layouts (Community) from my iPad

64 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show layout size in community layout browser

It would be helpful if the community layout browser showed the layout size in your preferred units somewhere. Some layouts put the size in the title, which means you have a confusing mix of metric and US measures.

The benefit is that you know you have a certain baseboard size, so you want to start with something that fits.

63 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 63 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add the ability to have multiple element track sections snap to other track sections

Currently, a grouped section of track does not snap to other track sections when being relocated. adding a snap function to grouped elements would make alignment of grouped elements faster.

58 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to have alignment marks in corners when printing.

If you print the track plan out full size, it's hard to then connect all the individual papers together accurately as there are no marks or grids shown. I though this was in a previous version.

57 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Export 3D view as image

If Export as image is selected in 3D view, Railmodeller always generates a 2D image. I would like an option to generate a 3D view as 3D image.

56 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base