Skip to content

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

• Tell us which features you want to see in RailModeller Pro so we can continue to provide you with the best possible design tool.

• Make your voice heard and vote on the features you want to see next

For any requests regarding parts and track libraries, kindly send an email directly to support@railmodeller.com

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

108 results found

1. Rotating pictures a certain number of degrees

If a picture of a floor plan (station or building) is added to the layout you can only rotate it 90 degrees. My station is rotated for 52 degrees so i would like the option to rotate the floor plan of the station also 52 degrees

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

The image processing operations built into the app are limited to rotating images by 90 degrees and resizing images.

Please use dedicated image processing apps for more advanced editing operations (cropping, rotating by arbitrary degrees, contrast, color processing, ..) before importing images.

Thank you!

2. Side-view of y-axis

It would help for l-shaped layouts to have a side-view not only for x-axis, but also for y-axis. It could be placed e.g. on the left side of the main screen.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Correct length of turnout

If you select a piece of track including a turnout than the given length is not correct. The length of the turnout is the sum of both directions. When using for example iTrain the entered lengths for turnouts are not correct, so you have to measure the actual sizes itself. This is my experience with Peco track. I would like to see the proper length depending on the selected route.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback -

as this would require a significant amount of work and didn’t attract votes or comments this feature request is closed in favor of features beneficial to a majority of our user base.

4. Tabbing between entry fields and layout area

When I edit measurements or position values for a feature or a layout, and press Enter, the marker stays in the value field. If I then want to move the object via the arrow keys, I first have to take the mouse and click on the object before it can be moved. I would prefer that the marker should leave the value fields, so the object can be worked on directly as I press Enter.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add scale and more legend elements to custom library

Add library elements so that we can drag and drop various reference scales with english or metric at fine (1mm or 1/16"), semi-fine (1cm or ⅛") and coarse (20cm or 6")
    1) to confirm printed to actual
    2) provide a context based on the model scale you are working in
    3) or perhaps a refinement of the measure tool in the tool selector

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Separated mode

Possibility to have the panels with tracks etc separated from the layout. In the current form they are in the wame window which steals lots of space from the layout when working on more than one screen.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Sticky Comments attached to Elements or Locations

There are existing notes and comments boxes attached to the Layout Plan as a whole and visible under the Document Tab.

What I would like to see are pop-up notes/comments that can be attached to individual elements and/or to x,y locations on layouts.

Notes like the ones most Word Processors let you attach to words or phrases in texts and which most Spreadsheets let you attach to cells in sheets by right-clicking and choosing insert comment.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [SHOW LESS] Community Layout - Lego, Carrera

Many new items in community layouts are for carrera slot car or lego. I am interested only in railway plans.

Twitter has a SHOW LESS button to tell it not to show tweets for some topic. Proposal: Have a SHOW LESS button for slot car or lego!
    Thanks!

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Total price of the flex tracks.

It is a problem already emerged in version 4 is particularly evident for modular systems.

When calculating the price of flex tracks it does not take into account the length, but the number of clips used.

In a my module are 6 clips for a total of 224,6cm that are easily obtainable from three flex tracks (3 = int (224.6 / 89) +1).
    Note: 89 is the length of the Tillig flex track used.
    Since the unit cost is 4.11 €, I expect a totalprice of 12.33€ but is reported 24,66 € considering for each full length even if a…

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. List items on each layer and allow reordering

It would be great to be able to click on a layer in Layers window and have it 'open' to reveal all those items (track, shapes, text) that have been added to that layer (in the same way that most graphics packages work). Dragging an item above another in the list would then in effect be the same as the 'bring forward' command.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to Rotate View in 2D Mode

I'd love to be able to rotate my view when working in 2D mode. Currently I am working on a very large club layout and a portion of it runs at a 36° angle to most of the layout. While working on this section, I'd like to be able to rotate my view to make this easier. I do not want to rotate all tracks or the canvas as everything is precisely positioned, what I really need is to just change the angle at which I am viewing it.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SLIF Export equivalent to v4.1 (XML Export)

Version 4.1 supported SLIF file exports that could be imported into iRunTrains or other applications. RailModeller-Pro seems to be lacking this feature.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. 4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Object property locks

It would be convenient to be able to lock objects x & y (position), rotation, elevation, or grade, etc. so they can't accidentally be changed.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Inside and outside rail lengths for curved flexible track

To help with cutting flexible track to the correct length it would help if both the inside and outside track lengths are reported in the inspector for curved track

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Elastic tracks

I would like to suggest a feature to help designing railroads: elastic tracks.

There would be three kinds of elastic tracks: straight and curved.

A straight elastic track would be connected to other tracks of the railroads, and when one of those tracks are moved, the length of the elastic track would adjust automatically.

A curved elastic track would have it’s curve radius specified (there could be one kind per curve radius available in the current library catalog), and when one of the connected tracks is moved, the angle of the elastic curved track would adjust automatically.

A straight elastic…

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. selection in the Community layouts

It could be nice that when looking in the community you can also select the scale but also the size of the layout.
    p.e. all layout smaller or equal to 1.5m x 1.0 m.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom location for storing the price list

When I enter prices for a layout they are shared across all layouts on that Mac and the manual mentions a price database.

I would like to be able to enter prices once and have them available on my Mac Book and my iMac without reentering them!

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)