Skip to content

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

• Tell us which features you want to see in RailModeller Pro so we can continue to provide you with the best possible design tool.

• Make your voice heard and vote on the features you want to see next

For any requests regarding parts and track libraries, kindly send an email directly to support@railmodeller.com

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

194 results found

1. A simple FIND tool for finding specific text characters e.g numbers in layout

It would be great to have a simple tool that allows finding of text entered in text boxes. For example I have all feedback modules (hundreds), turnouts (70+) or track parts numbered by a symbol and a number. So it would be great to be able fast to find for example: §76 without going through alll parts or layers

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. notes

I would like a way to keep some notes with each layout. Thank you.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hide tunnelsections in 3D

Option to hide tunnel sections so you can see only the visible parts of the model. This gives a better understanding of the design.

89 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Group items using a right click

It would be nice to be able to group selected items from the contextual right click menu. it is a bit time consuming to go through the menus when trying to shift large number of items. this would be a nice option so you can move or duplicate easily.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Enhancements for Base Plates

Please add for base plates :
    - copy/paste
    - turning
    - corner point
    - free input of coordinates
    - edge :
    - direction / angle
    - freeze one corner

Group with tracks, allow for copy/paste

27 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RailModeller Pro 6.4 is now available featuring a new inspector for baseboard elements with a dedicated point editor review and edit individual corner points of baseboard elements

6. Either a keyboard shortcut or a set preference to have flex track have 4 control handles

when you edit flex track it, by default, only has 3 control handles and if you want to make an S shape you have to click the gear and then the "Use 4 control points" button. If it could either be set to always have either 3 or 4 depending on preference or a keyboard shortcut such as
    "⌘3" for 3 points and "⌘4" for 4 points that would be top.

67 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Search for tracks by e.g. part number

Sometimes I find tracks on my partlist, which I want to exchange on my layout. But I don't see a possibility to easily find them and get them replaced.

It would be helpful to search for e.g. a certain part number and get these track highlighted on the layout. Maybe with the additional feature to search these certain tracks on the whole layout but also only on certain layers.

124 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Zooming should center on cursor location

When holding down the Option key to zoom with the mouse, the zooming feature should center on the location of the mouse cursor to eliminate the need for scrolling after being zoomed in. That way the user can control exactly what part of the lay out should be enlarged.

53 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Text fields convert between units

It would be nice if text fields like position x/y/z, track length, canvas w/h, could automatically convert between units.

For example I prefer to work in cm, but sometimes I need to size something in inches. So it would be nice to write '16 "' or something and have that converted to cm, instead of reaching for the calculator.

OmniGraffle does this also, and it is pretty useful.

39 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the bow element to the Shape menu

A modeler may need an arc for several reasons. For example:

• I could draw a wall of my room that is not straight but it's curved.
    • I might have to draw a curved backdrop.
    • I could draw a rounded part of the base of my layout
    • And much more...

Well, the bow element would be handled like all the other elements of the Shape menu.

The arc element has only one particular feature: it manages the thickness of the line using the most useful measurement unit. This feature is useful for the different combinations that can be made. For example:…

14 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow tunnel entry/exit to occur mid track section

Currently the tunnel tool only allows the tunnel length to correspond to a particular unit of track. For instance if you have a long straight approach to the tunnel and need it to start part way along without splitting the track into smaller units.

75 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Companion app for iPad (a.k.a. "Viewer")

I know there's an existing thread for a fully functional iPad version, but in lieu of that, I was wondering if there's any possibility of a sort of paired down companion app for iPad. A nice little viewer application that allows you to zoom in and out and show/hide layers would be really handy when out in the garage working. I'd happily throw down $20 or so for something like that, especially if it allowed me to support creation of a fully fledged version down the road.

115 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to hide obsolete elements in a library

(from our back log)

Obsolete elements can be indicated in the Library Catalog.

An option to remove these elements from the list would make it easier to pick only current tracks for track systems with a mix of out-of-production and current tracks

73 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Keep selection centered when changing zoom

(ausgewähltes objekt (im fenster) zentriert ein/auszoomen)

36 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mark center points for curved tracks

For radiused curves (e.g., sectional track, but especially flextrack which is bent to a specific radius), I would like to be able to find out the coordinates of the center of that curve -- i.e., the point where all the radii meet. This would make laying out the physical track, roadbed, splines, etc. a lot easier when it comes time to do the benchwork.

79 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customizable display type when showing grades

At the moment grades are displayed as 1/1000 (per mille) but other parts of the globe prefer percent or ratio.

It should be handled similarly to units (inch/feet/cm/..)

44 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. coordinates for current pointer location

This would ideally take a couple of forms: first would be to have an (X,Y) display somewhere that would track the scaled coordinates of the mouse pointer, second would be to have cursors going along the rulers which would also track the mouse.

49 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to have alignment marks in corners when printing.

If you print the track plan out full size, it's hard to then connect all the individual papers together accurately as there are no marks or grids shown. I though this was in a previous version.

57 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Possibility to define negative heights

Sometimes you want to have a zero level and some tracks below it. I am planning a layout with a switchyard below the tracks where to park some of my trains. It would be natural to have this at -9cm, but I had to move all my "ground" layout to 9 cm because I cannot specify negative numbers.

108 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Added to the introductory video narrative on YouTube:

The introductory video narrative on YouTube clarified by including which keyboard keys [e.g. "option" "shift" "control" "space bar" or "command"] are being used when track elements are shown being inserted, deleted, selected, moved as a group and managed. The tools icons alone might not the only functions used to accomplish a task in handling track elements and designing a layout.

6 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base