Skip to content

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

• Tell us which features you want to see in RailModeller Pro so we can continue to provide you with the best possible design tool.

• Make your voice heard and vote on the features you want to see next

For any requests regarding parts and track libraries, kindly send an email directly to support@railmodeller.com

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

194 results found

1. Free space above section as a function

A possibility to set "free space" above a track. Lets say I set it to 80mm, if a track passing above it i placed lower than 80mm I will get a notice that there is not enough ”free space”

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to be able to use my stock list as an track library

It's great to have the Stock Management feature and also see how many tracks items remain in the chosen track library!

However in my stock I have parts from Roco and Fleischmann which means I have browse back and forth between track libraries when creating layouts. When editing layouts I see lots of track items I don't own which means I have to scroll around or browse track categories to find the track I want to add to my layout. Even with tracks from only one manufacturer I have to either switch between track classes (straight/curves/turnouts/..) or scroll a lot…

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. A max gradient function

A possibility to set max gradient. Let say i set it to 3%, if I use 4% somewhere in my track plan I will get a warning.

0 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Basic touch bar support

Where available (i.e. newer Mac Books) add some touch bar support for quick access to e.g. the Quick Filter and other functions

56 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatic height ordering

You can put selected items (stepwise) in the foreground or background. After a while the ordering might be messed up and it would be nice to bring back the selected items automatically into z-order (especially when working with loops).

13 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On the community layouts that are uploaded, please show each piece's details for each track

on the community layouts that are uploaded, please show each piece's details for each track piece, specifically for Slot Cars. I've looked at OwlGuy's layouts, but I'd like to see either part number or dimensions. IE, 15 " long. his uses color per track piece but there is no correlation to each color's meaning. IE, brown is 9" curve

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Building Blocks

I would like to be able to add new Catalog categories, in which I could put selected elements or groups of elements. So I could have together track elements I often use, or precomposed groups of track elements as building blocks.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Additional right-click functionality

I'm used to right-clicking to bring up context-specific options, and would like to see more of that in RM. As an example, I don't use RM all the time, and whenever I bring it up I have to spend 10 minutes remembering how to bend flex-track. (And every time it's "Oh yeah, duh, just double-click"). Suggest adding "Bend" when right-clicking a flex-track element, to accomplish the same thing. Another example - add "Format" when a text shape is right-clicked, to accomplish the Cmd-T function for text size and font.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback -

“Bend”:
    Luckily this is already possible today!

The “Edit” function has the same effect as double-clicking elements or using the Element > Edit command from the menu bar.

This is true not only for flex tracks but all kinds of editable elements!

“Format”:
    We have added a dedicated inspector for text elements for the upcoming 6.4 update that will show the text of the selected text element in the sidebar to the right as well as feature a button to directly invoke the Font Palette.

10. Hide Track ID Numbers in 2D View

Just as the title says, I would love to hide the Track ID numbers on the top down view 2D View. When you view the track in 3D it hides the numbers. I would like the same thing possible for 2D for a clean view of the track. (I like sharing views of the track with my local club for quick module ideas)

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A switch in the element drop down

I want a switch in the element drop down that turns off the element title from the display. For example, the track "SL 1500" or "Flex 18" shows up on my drawing, but I want a way to not show it so when I print the drawing, I get a nice picture of what I want to accomplish. If a toggle allowed that to show or not show, I could use a drawing with it on to independently determine how the railroad would be built (show), and shown (not show).

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. LEGO tracks

It would be great to use RailModeller to design, plan and make shopping lists for Lego Trains

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Rotating of baseboard after baseboard is included in the layout

Ie U shape baseboard is selected but later you need to rotate the baseboard too better fit your 'working space'

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback -
    Luckily this is already possible:

Just select the baseboard layer, switch to the ‘Select and Edit’ baseboard tool to select the baseboard in question and enter the desired rotation angle in the sidebar to the right.

Additional details are also provided in the “Baseboard Tools” section in the user guide!

14. eine Probe Lokfahrt auf dem Entwurf

• Nach Fertigstellung wäre es toll wenn eine Pseudo Lok zu Testzwecken das Gleisbild abfahren könnte um zu erkennen ob alle Spuren logisch zu befahren sind.
    • Warum wird bei Programmstart nicht der letzte Entwurf geöffnet?

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Insert text boxes

A simple way to label and/or annotate the layout would be great.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Luckily this is already possible:

Simple geometric shapes and text can be inserted using the Shape pop-up menu in the toolbar.

The ‘Shapes’ chapter in the help manual provides some additional details.

16. 1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks -
    Track libraries are updated continuously.

Our track libraries are tracked internally as we depend on external sources (vendors) not under our control. ME track is on our schedule of track libraries to be included

Cheers!

17. I would like to see a minimum radius default value

when curving flex track it would be helpful to set a radius that you desire, vs having to use track pieces of 18,22,24 inch radius to create constant curves.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Per-layer toggles for element labels

Right now, it appears you can only choose labeling for the whole plan, just the track, or none. I'd like to be able to turn off labels by layer, or possibly by each element. Since you can't edit some elements, (frankly those I'd like to turn off, like trees) perhaps by layer makes more sense.

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like the ability to set the baseline height, rather than always being zero. i

If the baseplate height of benchwork is 48 inches, all track laid at that elevation should be shown at 48 vs 0. this would help with multi level designs and various changing elevations.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Grade Kato Double Track

The ability to to grade Kato N (an HO I am sure) scale double track pieces and super elevated track sections. Not being able to do so is a huge barrier in my design.

39 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Maintenance update 6.4.22 now handles parallel track elements (tracks with two parallel 'lanes') in the

• Create Grade to Track (Single Start Track)
    • Grade a Track Section (Multiple, Connected Tracks)

functions and enhances the messages for other kinds of selected track sections for clarity.

• Don't see your idea?

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base