Skip to content

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

• Tell us which features you want to see in RailModeller Pro so we can continue to provide you with the best possible design tool.

• Make your voice heard and vote on the features you want to see next

For any requests regarding parts and track libraries, kindly send an email directly to support@railmodeller.com

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

194 results found

1. Better stock filtering

When using multiple layouts with different scales / libraries, the stock list shows all stock. I didn't realise this until I added some LEGO pieces to stock and had that show up with my LGB track.

I typed 'LGB' in the filter, but that seems to filter only on item name and not manufacturer as it ended up with an empty stock pane.

Suggestions:

(1) Add an explicit library filter to the stock window

(2) Add the following to the stock window:

Show:
    [ ] all items
    [ ] items in current layout
    [•] items in current library

Where "current"…

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Kato N Unitrack 20-050 Expandable straight track be added to inventory

The piece is incredible useful and in many places would allow the connections to connect rather than be a few mm apart. (there is not a fixed length straight that will fill that gap). The part expands from 78mm to 108mm.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. One click change all selected to a layer

I often do the layout on one layer, and then begin to segment yards, mainline, etc into separate layer, but in order to move a track segment to another layer you have to do this one at a time. This gets a bit tedious and time consuming. Add option to move selected to layer or use shift click to do it with the existing right click option.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fortunately that's possible since the first release of the app:

Simply invoke the functionality in the Layer menu for the current selection of tracks and other element to assign them to an existing or new layer.

More details are also available in the relevant sections of the user guide.

4. Slotcar track length

Length of each track individually, the sum of all tracks is not helpful for slotcar tracks.

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Measure tool (Snapping)

The Measure tool is nice but it is difficult to measure exact distance between two elements. It might be an idea to make it glue to the edges of the element in some way so that it "finds" the same point in the other element (e.g. from left side of rail to left side of rail). Also, an indication of the angle from the underlying element would be nice so that one knows that the result is the shortest distance.
    At the moment, measuring with 3 decimals is pointless if I don't know if I measure exactly 90 degrees from…

42 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatic selection of the right track elements to connect two given disconnected tracks

Manually selecting the right track elements to connect two given disconnected track elements is time consuming. It would be nice to have RailModeller Pro to fill in the space between the disconnected track with the right selection of tracks.

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ernesto,

it sounds like you're looking for the "Close Gap with Tracks" assistant from the Smart Insert popup in the toolbar.

This assistant can be used to close a gap between two tracks with one or multiple pieces of sectional track. 

The user guide also provides additional information in the "Smart Insert: Close Gap with Tracks" section.

7. Dimension Shape

The Dimension shape could really use some tweaking. First and foremost, the user should be able to have the dimension indicate the exact length by having a field to type the numbers into rather than trying to manually size it with the mouse while it's being created or edited. Second, the thickness of the line needs to be editable. For these first two, the start and end coordinates and the line width that can be typed in for the line shape would be acceptable for the dimension shape. Third, the type of arrowhead should be editable to include a sizable…

17 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available in 6.4.19:

Upgraded Dimension Inspector: Improved flexibility and  customization options with expanded control over arrow scale and line  width, along with the ability to input precise lengths for accurate  measurements.

8. Layer List: Right Click a Layer > Select All

Going back & forth between the Layer Menu and the Toolbar is wasting time. We need the ability to Right Click a Layer to Select All in active layer.

25 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to be able to select multiple track elements and move them all to a different layer.

I would like to be able to select multiple track elements and move them all to a different layer.
    Currently if I select a number of tracks, right click, and choose to 'move to layer' only one piece of track is allocated to move.
    So, I laboriously move track pieces to a new layer one at a time! Maybe I'm missing something.
    Thanks

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Luckily that's already possible -

please note that the contextual menu operates in the current context, e.g. the element where it is opened.

This is entirely separate from the concept of selections.

To change layer assignment for the current selection you can simply use the commands provided in the Layer menu.

10. Manually enter length of flex tracks

It would be great if, when double-clicking on a flex track, it were also possible to directly enter, via a text field, the desired length of the track instead of try to do this via dragging.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Luckily this is already possible!

When bending the flex track to a parametric straight or curved track via the contextual menu of the Flex Track inspector in the sidebar to the right when the track is selected the length can be entered in the text fields.

11. Add Paste to context menu when right clicking on canvas

It'd be nice to be able to paste directly from the context menu

19 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. inclines and declines for double-track routes

to be able to plan inclines and declines for double-track routes. preferably with track connections between the routes.
    Background/Why? So far, you can only plan them individually next to each other. The longer route always has a different height profile than the shorter one, and points for changing routes cannot be planned without a difference in height. At least that's my experience so far.

2 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Please use existing feature request

https://railmodeller.uservoice.com/forums/249335-railmodeller-feature-requests/suggestions/39211243-grade-kato-double-track

for voting/comments

13. post a comment bubble anywhere

th possibility to post a comment bubble anywhere in my plan. With my thoughts, ideas or important information for further processing.

2 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Please use existing feature request

https://railmodeller.uservoice.com/forums/249335-railmodeller-feature-requests/suggestions/45043807-sticky-comments-attached-to-elements-or-locations

for voting/comments

14. Spiegelung des Gleisplans; reflection of the plan

reflection of the plan, Einen vorhandenen Gleisplan spiegeln können

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Text on shapes

I'd like to request an option to display the comment on top of shapes. I use shapes to represent buildings and having comments be visible on top of them would be great to note down which shape corresponds to which building. Manually placing text boxes on top is a bit cumbersome

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Luckily that's already possible -

any 'comment' entered for custom shapes will be displayed the same way as other element labels when the option is turned on (in the Documents tab in the sidebar under Element Labels)

16. New Lionel Fastrack 3" straight section

In their 2023 Big Book (http://catalogs.lionel.com/2023/BB/#), Lionel added a 3" straight section (part # 2325030) to the O gauge Fastrack system (page 219). Can this new section get added to the Fastrack library?

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Kato 2-180 369mm straight track

Please add Kato 2-180 369mm straight track to the N Gauge Kato Unitrack list

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add list or add to the requests with request, Vote, completion percent and some timeframe. Year-Quarter, Year-Month or even just a Year.

A way to see the progress of features. sort of a sortable gnat chart or at least the list of requests.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Atlas N Code 80 #8 turnouts added to library

Add Atlas Code 80 #8 turnouts to library.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)