Skip to content

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

• Tell us which features you want to see in RailModeller Pro so we can continue to provide you with the best possible design tool.

• Make your voice heard and vote on the features you want to see next

For any requests regarding parts and track libraries, kindly send an email directly to support@railmodeller.com

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

108 results found

1. 83 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Ability to adjust height over switches and crossings

Current switches and crossings are not allowed to have a gradient. In real life they have, this is especially necessary to run railroad cars over the hump

26 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adjust track heights in a dedicated 3D view (showing selected tracks only) with drag'n'drop.

I'm thinking about a view similar to the "Display > Show Hight Profile" menu, which only shows the incline being associated to a track being selected. The view should be turnable (to see all turns). You should be able to move a track hight by drag and drop, and the tracks being connected should level themselves.

25 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Drawing a layout or connecting sections of layout with freeform curves and "autofilling" with flex-track

I would like an easier way of creating smooth curves that span multiple lengths of flex-track. Currently trying to do it by manipulating individual lengths of track it is nearly impossible to create a smooth transition spanning multiple connected lengths. The curve tool should allow you to connect to existing track at one or both ends and allow you to add, remove and manipulate multiple control points. Ideally you could then "auto-fill" the curve with selected flextrack, and then have the ability to adjust the split points between each length by sliding within an indicated range.

24 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. iCloud Support (share layouts between Macs)

It would be nice if there was an option to save to iCloud.

21 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The ability to move tracks along their central axis rather than along the global axes

Right now you can use the arrow keys to move a track piece along the X or Y axes precisely. It'd be fantastic to be able to move a track piece that is at a θ° angle as if an axis went right through the center of the track, parallel to the direction of the track. That would allow one to move the bumpers at the ends of a ladder, but still keep the bumpers aligned with the switches so that one could use the "connect with sectional track" feature.

20 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add curved flex-track to library to use the repeat function.

I use flex-track to specify curves that ain't available in the (Peco) library. An example is Curve Radius 30 cm and Arc Angle 45 degrees. If i design a 180 degrees curve i need to specify this curve 4 times or use copy paint all the time. I would like to see the possibility to add this curve to the library so the repeat function become available for this curved flex-track.

20 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. More options for custom baseboard

When designing a custom baseboard it is often difficult to draw perpendicular and parallel lines because you can only select the options length and straight while editing a line. The option to lock the line at 0 ( x-axes) or 90 degrees (y-axis) ( or even at ... degrees ) would make the design of the baseboard much easier and exact.

17 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve image import to correct scale after import

After importing image one should be able to select two points on photo and say what distance (real life) between points. This should then convert to correct scale and size the image to right size.

16 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Manage stock: Prices

it will useful to have the possibility to add the price of each element in the stock list
    Possibility to add/update the "stock list" with "show part list"

15 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A More Versatile Line Tool

The following is the gist of what I think would enhance the line tool. I used to use a program called Freehand which acted this way. I think Adobe Illustrator has a similar line tool but I don't use it. The reason for such a tool would be to easily and flexibly draw shaped lines particularly for roads, rivers, mountain lines, and textures.

This is how I would envision a line drawing tool:

a) select the line tool icon *
    b) place cursor on the spot where you want the line to begin
    c) holding mouse down drag across the…

15 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Save/restore selections like PhotoShop, Affinity

..for complex selections like track segments or other ranges of tracks it would be handy to store a selection of tracks to restore it a while later while editing other things or switching (or hiding or locking) a layer in a complex layout.

Other advanced tools like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop and Affinity Designer or Photo make this possible with a “Select” –> “Save Selection” function.

14 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Better overview of planned requests

There are some requests on this site that are planned more than 4 years ago. I know that good testing of new features is necessary but if a planned option after 4 year still isn't available i ask myself if it ever will be.
    Ik think a better overview of the needed time to implement an option would be necessary.

Don't get me wrong, i love the application and the frequent bug updates.

13 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Oval helix

In N-scale often an oval helix is ​​used to reduce the rise under 2% because the locomotives are not that strong for long trains. Therefore it would be nice to add a (3rd) oval shape choice to the Smart Insert of an Helix. The Helix Characteristics should be extended with the length of the straight rail between the bends

12 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Possibility to join tracks looking in more than the current set of tracks

Sometimes you could join two tracks with some tracks from another set of tracks of the same scale and code. It would be nice if you could ask Railmodeller to look into more than one track library. For instance Shinohara has beautiful curved switches (which are not in RailModeller BTW) that can work with other code 83 HO libraries. At the moment there is no way to explore these possibilities all together.

11 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Specify line width for drawing and printing elements

If the line width would be adjustable for the printing or drawing of objects (rails - middle line, polygons,...), then an 1:1 printout could be used for self builded tracks.
    This would also be fine for the upcoming railset editor ;-)

10 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feature request grooming:

Removing suggestions w/o much traction/votes in 12+ months

(This request would also most likely be covered by an adjustable track-bed width feature currently on long term our to-do list)

17. Ability to reset ruler x/y zero point

Using the shape command I drew a rectangle representing 14 foot long by 5.5 foot wide table I will build the layout on. I've set the document size considerably larger than this to create space around my table and moved it into the center of the document layout.

It would be really helpful if I could reset the ruler zero point to the table corner (the way Adobe Illustrator allows) and have the X and Y coordinates follow suit.

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a curve with multiple flex track elements

To better understand the utility of the function you can look at the sample image:
    www.carlofilippofollis.name/files/2017/07/railmodeller-idea-n-005-create-a-curve-with-multiple-flex.jpg

With a flexible rail of 914 mm. I want to create a curve of 120 cm. of ray and 150°, but I will have a message that makes me realize that it is impossible. The operation is impossible because the flexible track is too short.

RailModeller Pro should therefore use all the flexible tracks useful to create a 120 cm curve. of radius and of 150°. This implementation is very useful for large layouts and very wide radius curves.

The usefulness of this…

7 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to skip blank pages when printing.

When printing full size, it would be nice if blank pages (pages defined maybe as no track in them and no shapes could be skipped. Currently you have to export to PDF and then delete the blank pages before printing.

7 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. List items on each layer and allow reordering

It would be great to be able to click on a layer in Layers window and have it 'open' to reveal all those items (track, shapes, text) that have been added to that layer (in the same way that most graphics packages work). Dragging an item above another in the list would then in effect be the same as the 'bring forward' command.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base