Skip to content

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

• Tell us which features you want to see in RailModeller Pro so we can continue to provide you with the best possible design tool.

• Make your voice heard and vote on the features you want to see next

For any requests regarding parts and track libraries, kindly send an email directly to support@railmodeller.com

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

108 results found

1. Save document setup defaults

There are a number of Document attributes under the Document tab in the inspector panel which get reset every time you create a new file.

It would be nice to have a preferences pane where one could set the default parameters for new layouts rather than having to go back and tweak them each time from the software hard-wired default.

2 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Export as DCC++ Main Layout and Track Definitions.

While the Hardware side of DCC++ gets a lot of attention, The software side (Controller) of DCC++ is mostly ignored because of its perceived difficulty. In actuality, the graphical nature of Processing 3 MIGHT make an export feasible. A lot of the work might be done already via the Original Authors Track and Turnout classes. Just food for thought.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a curve with multiple flex track elements

To better understand the utility of the function you can look at the sample image:
    www.carlofilippofollis.name/files/2017/07/railmodeller-idea-n-005-create-a-curve-with-multiple-flex.jpg

With a flexible rail of 914 mm. I want to create a curve of 120 cm. of ray and 150°, but I will have a message that makes me realize that it is impossible. The operation is impossible because the flexible track is too short.

RailModeller Pro should therefore use all the flexible tracks useful to create a 120 cm curve. of radius and of 150°. This implementation is very useful for large layouts and very wide radius curves.

The usefulness of this…

7 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One view in the parts list, which shows you both the ammount of tracks in your stock AND those which still needed

The separate views in the parts list is good. But you need to select the parts you have planned on your layout vs. the tracks that are missing and need to be purchased. It would be great to have also a view which shows in addition in the same view, what is already in your stock. E.g. something like "planned in layout", "in your stock", "need to be ordered". At the moment I need to do this separately in an excel sheet.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to adjust height over switches and crossings

Current switches and crossings are not allowed to have a gradient. In real life they have, this is especially necessary to run railroad cars over the hump

26 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 83 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to move tracks along their central axis rather than along the global axes

Right now you can use the arrow keys to move a track piece along the X or Y axes precisely. It'd be fantastic to be able to move a track piece that is at a θ° angle as if an axis went right through the center of the track, parallel to the direction of the track. That would allow one to move the bumpers at the ends of a ladder, but still keep the bumpers aligned with the switches so that one could use the "connect with sectional track" feature.

20 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adjust track heights in a dedicated 3D view (showing selected tracks only) with drag'n'drop.

I'm thinking about a view similar to the "Display > Show Hight Profile" menu, which only shows the incline being associated to a track being selected. The view should be turnable (to see all turns). You should be able to move a track hight by drag and drop, and the tracks being connected should level themselves.

25 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. Better overview of planned requests

There are some requests on this site that are planned more than 4 years ago. I know that good testing of new features is necessary but if a planned option after 4 year still isn't available i ask myself if it ever will be.
    Ik think a better overview of the needed time to implement an option would be necessary.

Don't get me wrong, i love the application and the frequent bug updates.

13 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve image import to correct scale after import

After importing image one should be able to select two points on photo and say what distance (real life) between points. This should then convert to correct scale and size the image to right size.

16 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A Layout level Track Library

I am working on a layout that uses both Tomix Tram pieces and standard Fine Trax pieces.

What I would like is to be able merge those bits from track sets that I want into a quick reference set.

So, I would have:

Create a Worksheet palette. In that I can select track sets.

Afterwards I can pieces from the selected tracksets or any other, to the item list.

It saves me swapping from one track set to another and for a bigger layout can save quite a bit of time! This isn't the first time I've wanted this!

Thanks,

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Highlight needed track parts in layout

Would like to be able to show in different colors on the layout the track that is already in your inventory and the track that is needed to complete the layout.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A printable parts list.

One can download the parts list as a .csv list, but can't just print the list. The .csv file doesn't have any column labels nor totals. Is it possible to use the Mac print function to print the Parts List?

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

This is already possible with just one additional step:

In order to print a shopping list you can export the Part List to the Clipboard or a text file and print it in e.g. Pages or Text Edit (or Numbers).

The latter apps offer many options to customize how the part list is printed and at this point we think this offers superior functionality so we’d rather not duplicate the same functionality in our apps.

15. Rotating pictures a certain number of degrees

If a picture of a floor plan (station or building) is added to the layout you can only rotate it 90 degrees. My station is rotated for 52 degrees so i would like the option to rotate the floor plan of the station also 52 degrees

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

The image processing operations built into the app are limited to rotating images by 90 degrees and resizing images.

Please use dedicated image processing apps for more advanced editing operations (cropping, rotating by arbitrary degrees, contrast, color processing, ..) before importing images.

Thank you!

16. Add Object List functionality to documents

This could either be a second tab alternative to the libraryor a third tab on the right side (Element, Document), or, more ideally, could take the place of the Layers pane of the Element Inspector.

The object list should present a hierarchical view where the Document is the root of the tree. All objects in the current layout would be somewhere on branches from that root (e.g. Layer->Group[->Group[->group]]->Object,Object,Object).

Each element in the hierarchy which has children should have the traditional expand/collapse rotating triangle widget.

Selecting an object, range, or group in this area should be identical to selecting it in…

3 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Correct length of turnout

If you select a piece of track including a turnout than the given length is not correct. The length of the turnout is the sum of both directions. When using for example iTrain the entered lengths for turnouts are not correct, so you have to measure the actual sizes itself. This is my experience with Peco track. I would like to see the proper length depending on the selected route.

5 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback -

as this would require a significant amount of work and didn’t attract votes or comments this feature request is closed in favor of features beneficial to a majority of our user base.

18. Specify line width for drawing and printing elements

If the line width would be adjustable for the printing or drawing of objects (rails - middle line, polygons,...), then an 1:1 printout could be used for self builded tracks.
    This would also be fine for the upcoming railset editor ;-)

10 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feature request grooming:

Removing suggestions w/o much traction/votes in 12+ months

(This request would also most likely be covered by an adjustable track-bed width feature currently on long term our to-do list)

19. Expanded comment field to 128 characters

I like to comment on some objects the manufacturer and model number, etc on some objects and while I can paste into the field, it chops it off. Doesn't need to be 128, just more than there is now.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Parts list and inventory dialogs should remain on screen even when application does not have focus

I'd like the parts list and inventory dialogs to remain on screen even when another application has the focus - so that I can compare its contents to what I am ordering in my browser or other application.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base