Skip to content

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

• Tell us which features you want to see in RailModeller Pro so we can continue to provide you with the best possible design tool.

• Make your voice heard and vote on the features you want to see next

For any requests regarding parts and track libraries, kindly send an email directly to support@railmodeller.com

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

57 results found

1. "Move everything"

I like "Size to fit," but I often need more control over shifting things, especially with baseboards. It'd be awesome to have a "Move everything" feature that moves all the pieces, even baseboards, to a specific spot on the canvas.

19 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Fine-Tuned Label Visibility Controls

Ability to individually turn element labels for tracks to the "off' position without losing other element labels such as for labelled shapes. In order to see the labelled comments for various shapes, the "All" button within Element Labels needs to be selected, but the labels for all the various track pieces may interfere with the ability to see the labels on shapes easily due to clutter.

8 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show / hide grades on Document tab

It seems weirdly inconstant to have the Show / hide grades labels under the View tab for often it's used. It should be under Element Labels as a check box

9 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Can we have a simple option to save a 1:1 PDF plan for plotting?

I have seen questions that you can create custom printers and paper page sizes in OS X for printing the track plan to 1:1 in one piece (with the 'Save PDF' button Print) but I haven't managed to perform this successful..

Would it be possible to simply save a 1:1 plan as pdf with 1 click?

7 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Replace Sectional Track(s) with Flex Track(s)

From our backlog/user feedback:

When doing initial layout, ushering section track helps a ton with maintaining radius and alignment issues. However when it comes time to build, common wisdom seems to be (as I've been told) to use as much flex track as you can to minimize the number of joints.

It would be great if RMP had the ability to select continuous sections of track and replace them with the minimum amount of flex track required, while keeping al radius, slope, etc intact.

This would allow for a much easier conversion when figuring out what is really needed to…

40 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Kehrschleifendetector (Reversing loop detector)

I would like a function that would allow me to display the polarisation of the rail in the plan, e.g. blue for minus, red for plus. This would make it possible to discover the reverse loops during the planning phase.
    It would be a very helpful function that would save a lot of troubleshooting time.

4 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Restore “Last Used Library” Along With Layout Documents

Streamlining the process of track library selection for any specific layout, it might be beneficial to include the "last used library" as part of the document.

When loading the layout, the Library Catalog will restore the library that was last utilized when working on the layout.

A global preference could be added to enable or disable this feature.

(based on https://railmodeller.uservoice.com/forums/249335-railmodeller-pro-feature-requests/suggestions/46148455-active-track-library-needs-to-follow-the-selected)

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Named track items and groups

It would be nice feature to be able to give tracks and track groups a name. This name could then optionally be displayed in the layout (permanently or on hover). This saves creating a lot of TEXT.

The named tracks and groups could then be listed along with the total section length (and maybe exported?).

A distinction could be made between "Track groups" for blocks and "Turnout groups" for turnouts and crossings.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. Display imperial units using fractions

When using inches instead of displaying a decimal, e.g. 12.25" instead use a fraction rounded to the nearest 1/16", e.g.

12 1/4"

US tape measures don't use decimals and converting measurements shown with the ruler tool as well as the Element panel to 1/16" is cumbersome.

10 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. CTC graphics as a "Track Type"

CTC machines use standard graphics to show switches, tracks, signals, blocks, etc. It would be nice to be able to select a set of graphic elements that you can plug together to create a CTC model board. These parts could be a form of "track" with connectors.

1 vote
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. automatic connection by reverse loop(s), single or double tracks

I really don't know why, but built reverse loops can be tricky. Could be nice, to simply click one or two parallel track ends and a loop is implemented automatically.

41 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom location for the stock file

I run RailModeller Pro on two computers.
    Sharing a layout on iCloud is easy but I would also like to share the stock file.

48 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. Display Curvature information on flex track

When selecting a piece of flex track would like to see in the Info panel the smallest radius of the selected piece of Flex Track. Currently there is NO information on radius at all.

39 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. T-TRAK modules for N scale (actual size..)

The T-TRAK standards has modules for simple and corner shape

'Single module size for N-Scale is 12 1⁄8 inches (310 mm) wide by 8 1⁄4 inches (210 mm) deep. Depth of a straight module can be up to the size of a corner module (usually 14 3⁄8 inches (370 mm)). Depth is often 12 inches (300 mm), 13 inches (330 mm), or 14 inches (360 mm) inches, rather than the full size of a corner module. This allows more space for scenery, and does not crowd the center of the table. Corner modules are 14 3⁄8 inches (370 mm) square'

12 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Snap-on items

About items such as the Märklin 7391 or 7389 buffer stops that clip on the rails, but that are not tracks per se, it would still be nice if there was a way to have then snap on to the track (any position for a buffer) and stay connected when we move the track.

Just groupping the elements is not really a good solution, since there are transformations (movements) that change the relative position of the grouped elements, and since that also prevents some operations on the track (since the group is identified as an heterogeneous group).

This could apply…

19 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Print section of entire track layout

Original Feature Request (German):

Ich habe damit begonnen eine relativ große Modellbahnanlage zu planen / bauen (siehe Anlage)
    Leider kann ich beim Ausdrucken des Planes keinen Teilbereich auswählen, es wird immer die komplette Zeichnungsfläche dargestellt.
    Bei einer Anlage dieser Größe ist es aber meines Erachtens dringend notwendig nur Teilbereiche zu drucken.
    Eine Beschränkung auf die nur sichtbaren Ebenen bringt keine Abhilfe da der Zeichnungsbereich ja entsprechend groß ist.
    Ist es möglich eine entsprechende Funktion zu entwickeln, wäre sehr hilfreich.

"I've started planning/building a relatively large model train layout (see layout).
    Unfortunately, when printing the plan, I can't select a specific…

73 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. The length of each rail on slot tracks (lanes)

Currently we can't see the length of each rail tracks, it is important have a balanced track to run the races.

16 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bridges

Like adding tunnels to tracks it would be useful to also add bridges to a track (section)

103 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Simulation Mode

This would be a huge amount of work no doubt and take the app in a new direction. But to fully plan your layout and its operation not just the position of tracks it makes sense to me.

The ability to have trains actually run on your layouts so you can get a feel for how your layouts run.

Inputs and outputs, with the ability to hook up to DCC software like JMRI or Rocrail adds a huge new dimension in planning your layouts.

A basic simulation with crude 3d representation of assets would all that would be required for…

56 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Library Editor

I would like to be able to design new track components and add them to my personal library. The most complicated component would be a switch. I am buliding handlaid narrow gauge track using stub switches. How do I put my designs into my library? Just for off the wall, suppose I had a 4'8.5" inch gauge layout. My switches would all be custom. So it I'm BNSF and wanted to use this software to lay out a new yard, how would I do it?

120 votes
    vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

RailModeller Pro - Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base